Navy-Funded Exam Vouchers
The Navy's Credentials Program Office has a limited amount of certification/license exam voucher funds that may be used by enlisted personnel towards specifically-identified certifications and licenses. These vouchers will be issued on a first-come, first-served basis. In general, the Navy will pay for credentialing exam fees under the following circumstances:
- The credential has been approved for Navy funding
- The Sailor meets eligibility requirements including that the credential is appropriate to their:
- Collateral Duty
- Related Academic Degrees or Semester Courses
- Previous Rating
- On-Duty, Off-Duty, or Command-Sponsored Training
- Civilian Occupation for Navy Reservists
- Prior Other-Service Enlisted Occupation
- Credentials Earned and Maintained Prior to Joining the Navy
- The Sailor has a minimum six months remaining on his/her enlistment at the time the credential is awarded. (All requirements must be validated by the Command Approving Official)
- The Sailor meets the credentialing agency’s requirements to earn/maintain the credential
The voucher covers the cost of the examination, re-certification, or maintenance fee.
Note: For information on funding of mandatory CyberIT/CSWF certifications, see the Funding and Voucher Requests page in the CSWF section of this site.
Finding Funded Credentials Using COOL
Throughout the site, identifies a credential that has been approved for Navy funding based on rating, prior rating or collateral duty via a pre-paid voucher or pre-approved reimbursement. Navy funded certifications based on a related academic degree, off-duty or command sponsored training or civilian occupation for Navy Reservists do not require a icon for funding.
To find funded credentials, click on Step 1 “Find & Select Related Credentials” at the top of any page and then search for your rating, designator, or collateral duty/out of rate assignment and look for the in the “Related Credentials” table. All credentials shown with a are funded.